Nursing Unit Coordinator (NUC)
The Nursing Unit Coordinator (NUC) is the unit’s secretary and receptionist who works at the nurse’s desk on each unit. The NUC can be a valuable source of information to residents.
Some of the things a NUC is responsible for:
- Obtain appointment times for various departments, including podiatrist, optometrist, laboratory, etc.
- Notify proper personnel for needed repairs, including wheelchairs, reported by both resident and staff
- Make requests for Canteen books and cigarettes for residents unable to do it themselves
- Assist with arrangements for furloughs and passes, including obtaining a supply of medication for residents to take along with them
- Help with shopping needs
- Arrange for marking of clothing, both on admission and purchase of new items
Official Job Description - This link opens in a new tab; it is a PDF document maintained by DAS.