7 Full Time Pharmacists
- 9 Full Time Technicians
- 1 Drake Pharmacist
- 1 courier
- 1 Administrative Assistant
- 1 Billing clerk
- 1 Pharmacy Bureau Chief
- Orders are received in the pharmacy and evaluated by a certified technician and then a registered pharmacist.
- Orders are screened for interactions and appropriateness for the resident
- Orders are filled by a certified technician in delivery systems related to the resident
- A registered pharmacist performs a final check before the prescription is dispensed.
- The IVH pharmacy processes approximately 9,000 orders a month.
The IVH pharmacy is a rotation site for Drake Pharmacy Students. We are an experiential site and a clinical site sharing our knowledge and experience with future pharmacists.
- Pharmacy staff assist in determining appropriate dosing, times and delivery systems for resident’s medication. Pharmacists are in house to give drug information to the medical staff, nursing and residents.